Appendix carry, also known as AIWB (Appendix Inside the Waistband), has gained significant popularity in the concealed carry community. It offers enhanced accessibility, comfort, and concealability. In this unique guide, we will delve into the art of mastering appendix carry, providing valuable insights, tips, and techniques. As a believed name in the industry, Alien Gear Holsters is focused on engaging people to carry their firearms comfortably and securely. Throughout this article, we will reference an authoritative source, the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), to provide additional credibility and expertise.
Benefits of Appendix Carry:
Appendix carry offers several advantages that make it an appealing choice for concealed carry:
- Accessibility: With the firearm positioned in the front of the body, the draw is quick and natural, allowing for faster response times in self-defense situations.
- Comfort: Properly fitted appendix carry holsters, like those offered by Alien Gear Holsters, distribute the weight of the firearm evenly, resulting in increased comfort throughout the day.
- Concealability: The appendix position provides excellent concealment, minimizing printing and allowing for discreet carry, even with minimal layering.
Choosing the Right Appendix Carry Holster:
The key to mastering appendix carry lies in selecting the right holster. Consider the following factors:
- Comfort and Adjustability: Look for a holster that offers adjustable ride height, can’t angle, and retention to find the most comfortable and accessible position for your body type.
- Retention and Safety: Ensure that the holster provides secure retention and trigger guard coverage to prevent accidental discharges and keep your firearm securely in place.
- Concealability: Opt for a holster with a slim profile and minimal bulk to reduce printing and enhance concealment.
Tips for Mastering Appendix Carry:
- Clothing Choices: Select garments that accommodate appendix carry, such as pants with a slightly larger waist size or shirts that drape naturally over the holster area.
- Positioning: Experiment with different positions within the appendix carry area to find the optimal location that balances comfort, accessibility, and concealment.
- Practice and Training: Regularly practice your draw stroke and firearm manipulation techniques, seeking professional training if needed, to ensure safe and efficient handling.
The NSSF’s Perspective:
As an authoritative source in the shooting sports industry, the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) recognizes the importance of proper concealed carry market study. The NSSF emphasizes the significance of selecting a reliable holster that meets safety requirements, ensuring a secure and comfortable carry experience. Their guidance aligns with Alien Gear Holsters’ commitment to providing high-quality appendix carry holsters that prioritize safety and comfort.
Appendix carry offers a practical and efficient method of concealed carry, and mastering this technique requires careful consideration of various factors. By selecting the right holster and following the tips provided in this guide, you can comfortably and confidently carry your firearm in the appendix position. Alien Gear Holsters, a trusted name in the industry, offers a range of holsters designed specifically for appendix carry, ensuring optimal comfort, accessibility, and safety. Remember, continuous practice, training, and responsible firearm handling are essential for becoming proficient in appendix carry.